Spinach with Garlic Sauté
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound triple washed spinach stems removed
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil and garlic.
- Saute garlic in oil 2 or 3 minutes. Add spinach to the pan in stages.
- Fill the pan with leaves and turn leaves in warm oil until they wilt. Add more spinach to the skillet and repeat the process until all of the spinach is incorporated.
- Season the wilted spinach with salt and pepper and sugar, then serve.
- Many people add red wine vinegar on the side instead of adding salt.