Spinach & Squash Lasagna
- 2 16 oz. packages spinach lasagna noodles
- 8 cups Tomato Sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 large zucchini sliced
- 1 large summer squash sliced
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp chives
- 1 tsp parsley
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Topping - 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large pan, boil noodles per package directions or until cooked al dente - drain.
- In large skillet, heat oil and sauté garlic, zucchini and squash until tender.
- In bowl, combine cottage cheese, egg, parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, and seasonings.
- In large lasagna pan, spread a shallow layer of Tomato Sauce, top with a layer of noodles, a layer of cheese, a layer of vegetables, and top with sauce. Repeat layering until pan is full, ending with tomato sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until bubbling.
- Serves 8.