Maple Roasted Root Vegetables
- Carrots scrubbed & thickly sliced
- Parsnips peeled & thickly sliced
- Large sweet potatoes peeled & medium chunked
- White/reed potato chunked
- Buttercup or butternut squash medium chunked
- Turnip peeled & small chunked
- Sprig of rosemary
- Sprinkle of parsley
- One or two sage leafs
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Any combination of the above to fill a two-quart baking dish. Place butter and maple syrup on veggies/herbs. Cover with aluminum foil, bake 45 to 50 minutes. Remove foil, stir. Bake uncovered an additional 15 -25 minutes until tender. This can be done several hours before baking. Leftovers make a nice addition to soups or stews.