Hot Fudge Sauce
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate or dark chocolate broken up
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the chocolate, water, sugar, butter, and salt in a saucepan over very low heat.
- Stir until the chocolate is melted and the
- mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the corn syrup and bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring frequently,
- for 5 to 10 minutes, until the mixture is thick and shiny.
- Stir in the vanilla and serve warm.