Apple Soup with Curry
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 pound Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and diced
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- sour cream optional
- chopped fresh chives optional
- Melt butter in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion: sauté 4 minutes. Add apples: sauté until apples begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add curry and cook 15 seconds.
- Gradually stir in stock. Increase heat and simmer until apples are tender, about 10 minutes. Add cream and simmer 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Top bowls with dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with chives.