- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup maple syrup preferably 100% pure grade A amber
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Beat egg yolks in the top of a double boiler (off heat) until lemon colored.
- Heat maple syrup to boiling point, pour very slowly into egg yolks, whisking continuously.
- Cook over boiling water until eggs coat a spoon (170 deg.)
- Be careful not to heat mixture too fast.
- Cool mixture over ice while stirring constantly to room temperature.
- Beat well chilled heavy cream stiff and doubled in volume.
- Fold in maple-egg mixture until well blended.
- Fill parfait glasses,
- Refrigerate until ready to use or freeze if it will be several days until you need them.
Buy Vermont Maple Syrup Online!