One of the best things about the Holidays is this Holiday Bourbon Eggnog recipe that will help warm everyone’s soul.
Beverage Glasses – Glassware Sale
Holiday Bourbon Eggnog
- 8 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Combine the 6 whole eggs, 2 egg yolks, (save egg whites) sugar, and salt in a medium mixing bowl and whisk together. Heat 2 cups heavy cream with the milk in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. When the cream and milk are hot, add 1 cup into the egg mixture and whisk to blend.
- Pour the egg-milk mixture into the hot cream mixture, and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the stove and strain the custard immediately through a fine-mesh sieve. Allow the custard to cool for 10 minutes before proceeding.
- Add the vanilla, nutmeg, bourbon, and brandy to the eggnog and stir well. Beat the 2 egg whites to soft peaks in a clean mixing bowl and fold them into the custard base. In a separate bowl, beat the remaining 1/2 cup cream to soft peaks, fold it into the eggnog as well. Serve warm or cover and refrigerate until chilled.