- 4 pork cutlets pounded thin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of Paprika Powder
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter divided
- 1 red & 1 Green Bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 small onion sliced into thin strips
- 1 Cup Mushrooms sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 Cup of Beef Stock and Red wine mixed
- Pound the pork cutlets until thin, season with Salt, Pepper and Paprika Powder on both sides.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet, sauté Pork cutlets briefly for about 3 – 4 minutes turning once. Remove the cutlets from the pan and reserve on a platter and keep warm. In the same pan add 1 tablespoon of butter, add the onion, red and green peppers and mushrooms simmer until soft.
- Add flour and stir until just fragrant, add stock/ wine mixture, stirring until smooth and slightly thickened, being sure to mix in scrapings from the bottom of the pan. Return pork to pan & simmer for 5 minutes
- Serve over noodles or spaetzle or with Pomes Frites (fries) or our favorite, potato pancakes.
Thanks to Chef Robert B. Graf