- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter diced
- 1 pound extra-bittersweet chocolate roughly chopped
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream and sugar and heat over medium heat just until hot.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter and chocolate. Add the cream mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the ganache into a shallow plastic or non-reactive metal container, and allow the ganache to cool to room temperature.
- Use or refrigerate. Lasts 2 weeks, yields 5 cups