Blueberry Ice Cream
- 2 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- Place blueberries, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a small saucepan, boil over medium low heat.
- Using a potato masher, mash berries. Simmer mixture for 4 or 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool about 15 minutes.
- Place in a blender and puree. Add milk, blend and pour mixture in a bowl.
- Add cream, stir to mix. Chill mixture for 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Place in an ice cream freezer and freeze according to the ice cream maker machine's instructions. Makes 1 quart.