- 6 medium tart apples or a combo or apples
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup packed brown sugar depending on tartness of apples
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg fresh grounded is desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan
- Spread apples in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients except cream until well mixed; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
Serve warm with ice cream or fresh whipped cream